Monday, July 25, 2011

Back on track

After losing a close friend and work colleague, I guess you could say the wheels fell off for a bit. When someone you know well passes suddenly, you can't help but think about the positive things that they contributed to your life. Roger had to be one of the most caring and considerate people I've worked with. Our school held a memorial for him, with well over 1000 friends, family, and past pupils attending, it was truely something special to see how he had touched the lives of so many. It was incredible to see just what an impact a special and unique teacher can have.
What seems like months ago, I got a lovely parcel in the mail from Jude from Tassie. She has a blog called My Quilt Creations. We had participated in a tea towel swap. She sent me two lovely tea towels that go perfectly in my kitchen (think she must have spied our red splashback in a past photo) and some cute buttons. Much to my surprise, she sent then Lucy the most adorable Aussie pinny, and its double sided. Lucy loves wearing it and she even made it with the ribbon that I had used to wrap her tea towels.
Thank you Jude. It was my first blogging swap and what a neat experience. Now that things are back on track hopefully I can join in another. Today has got to be the coldest day this winter, in fact, the coldest day I can remember. I can see a dusting of snow on the hills just near where we live - I have only ever once seen the slightest smidgen of snow there. And then this morning, I saw a car that had snow all over it!! We never get snow in this part of New Zealand but today we have. Looking forward to getting back into some blogging and sharing some of the things we've been doing.

2 comments:

  1. My pleasure, I did enjoy the swap too, thery are such fun :) I hope you are feeling ok after the passing of your friend, it is always hard and never quite feels the same without them.
    My hubby and I are planning our next trip to the South Island of your beautiful country, it will be Feb next year, can't wait. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sad to hear of your loss - it is lovely though that you reflect on how wonderful a person Roger was and what he has left behind x

    ReplyDelete