Monday, August 15, 2011

Snow Lovely

I guess todays blog is for my friends around the world, especially those who grew up in Wellington and now live in other parts of the world.
Today it snowed in Wellington. Today it snowed in Lower Hutt. It hasn't snowed here since 1979! We even had snow down at our place and we live at sea level. So strange to see the flakes flutter down. I think I was as excited as Lucy as we ventured off to play in the snow. It was so much fun to be out in the soft, white flakes as they drifted down. The snow on the ground was crisp white and soft and light. We even scooped some snow up and took it home, although most of it was munched on the drive home.
The snow is forecast to fall for at least another day. Maybe tomorrow we'll wake to snow sitting on the lawn. Today has been a real 'once in a blue moon' kinda day - so pleased Lucy and I got out and enjoyed ourselves.

2 comments:

  1. oh how pretty, although remembering back to a couple of months ago when we experienced the snow at our Highland lakes I know how cold it can be too! lovely pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the shot of the Beehive - wasn't it great to see some snow!

    ReplyDelete